Languages

Tuesday 11 June 2013

"Be amazed!" says the Lord.

"The Lord replied,

“Look around at the nations; look and be amazed!
For I am doing something in your own day,
something you wouldn’t believe
even if someone told you about it." Habakkuk 1:5
I don't know if you have been following my previous blogs?? Last year I wrote a few blogs on a very special girl called Rafaela. If you haven't read about her, please go back and read her story and then return to read this blog... if not you won't be that impressed with the story I will tell!!

Rafaela turned 20 on the 7th June... and I will show you how she spent it this year. Last year God blessed her and us with spending the day together - I thought it couldn't get better... but God wants to AMAZE us!

On the 29th of May, Rafaela turned up at our house... early!! Only the bosses where awake as they take their son to school at 7am (yes, thats the time you start morning school here!!). They received her in the house and she waited patiently for the rest of us to start our day. 

"Hey, Rafa!! How are you? It's so good to see you. How come you came here so early?" First question from me and Helen. Response: "I want to leave the streets!"

Well, that created an air of movement in our house as we began to put things in place, phone calls to find a place in a rehab (recovery house), phone calls to bargain the monthly price, phone calls to arrange someone to take us, organising clothes, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, towel, a bible etc.

2pm everything was ready and myself, the bosses wife and Alexandre (our driver as the kombi was occupied) got in the car with Rafaela and drove the 1 hour and a half to take her to the rehab in a town called Jaboticatubas.

I was stunned... was this really happening? Would she really stay? Was I dreaming? The 9th June was the first permitted visit. We organised a cake (for her birthday), called her family to meet us, so we could take them... and this is the story of our day.........
(translated lyrics below)


Lyrics of the music in the video, called "I have a calling":
I will not stop, the road is very long, I will continue.
Even amid the struggle, I am not alone and feel you here.

So many sorrows I have to face in this life
But the Lord is always there to protect me, I feel you here
When the wind blows against me
Problems trying to shoot me down
I remember the great I AM has sent me.

(Chorus)
I have a call I won't keep quiet
I got a call, announcing the gospel
I was chosen in my mother's womb
I know God will not give up on me.

(2X)
There is much to do there is no time to look back...

No comments:

Post a Comment