Languages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Broken Spirits

I have recently been reading through Proverbs and Oh Boy! have my eyes been opened... our God is a WISE God! I am learning so much, it is awesome!

One verse I wanted to share with you that struck me like a big truck hitting me and brought me to tears because it related so much to my work on the streets. The verse is:

Proverbs 18:14
"The will to live can get you through sickness
but noone can live with a broken spirit."

 
These Kids are living on the streets with broken spirits. You never find a kid on the street who has come from a nice family with a mum and dad, brothers and sisters all from the same parents. They don't have nice homes, or live in nice areas.... their lives before the streets are horrendous. You can't imagine! As we do visits to their homes it opens your eyes to why they are on the streets, most of the time as soon as you arrive or after talking with a parent and seeing their situation you don't have to ask anymore,
'Why are you living on the streets?'
It is so obvious. These kids have gone to the streets because they have nothing better. The majority of them have been abused, neglected, used and their spirits are BROKEN.

 
"Noone can live with a broken spirit" ... these kids are not living, they are surviving. With this new perspective, I am approaching these kids with more love, acceptance, with a desire and motivation to heal their broken spirits. I pray daily that God will show me how.

God revealed one way.... through a hug! I LOVE giving hugs! So I am always giving hugs especially when there is nothing more I can say or do in a situation. Yesterday I heard a testimony of a converted top drug dealer (an AMAZING, GOD GLORIFYING STORY). But the change in his life started with.... a hug! This made me cry as so often I give hugs and I haven't been realising the power. This was a confirmation to keep hugging and praying that God will be my arms and that these kids' BROKEN SPIRITS can be healed and that it may start with a hug!

Pray with me for these kids, that God will move in their lives and heal their spirits that they will start living as God had intended and God desires for their lives.

Thank you for reading and for your faithfulness to pray and support me.










No comments:

Post a Comment